The strategic aim of the Faculty of Maritime Studies in Split is a systematic quality management of all the Faculty activities, especially the activities related to higher education, scientific research and professional work in the area of maritime affairs and traffic as well as training of seamen in compliance with the requirements and standards laid down by the relevant international conventions and national regulations in the area of maritime affairs as well as legal and other provisions regulating higher education and scientific research activity in the Republic of Croatia.
Effectiveness of the systematic quality management of performing the Faculty activities, among other things, has been achieved by establishing, maintaining and continuous improving the documented system of quality management as an integral part of the complete system of the Faculty business management.
The Faculty has established a documented system of quality management based on the general requirements of ISO 9001:2008 i OHSAS 18001:2007 standards. The Faculty has been certificated by authorised certificating organisations Bureau Veritas and Croatian Register of Shipping.
In order to achieve the aim with the highest possible quality, at the Faculty of Maritime Studies in Split the following activities and measures are continuously carried out:
- updating of teaching curricula implying an extension of the field of education and training;
- fostering scientific research and professional activities to raise the scientific and professional level of the teaching staff and students;
- the Faculty’s own publishing activity and acquisition of the necessary books and teaching equipment upgrade the teaching process making it for students to attend lectures and master the required materials;
- acquisition and upgrading of the existing simulators and equipment contributes to the quality of the teaching performed and increases motivation of students and employees;
- establishing and improving contacts with other maritime institutions in Croatia and abroad which contributes to the exchange of experiences and fostering international cooperation;
- attempting to establish the best possible organisation of work and business activities;
- planning of all key activities in order to make quality a rule, not a coincidence.
With full respect to the above mentioned, the Faculty’s continuous attention is directed to the users of its services, which is achieved by permanently finding out different possibilities of improvement and effectiveness of the quality management system through reconsideration of quality goals and assessment of adequacy of Quality policy in relation to ever increasing requirements of the users of the Faculty services.
List of acts, codes
- Act on protection at work (Official Gazette No. 59796; 94796; 114/03; 100/04; 86/08; 116/08; 75/09)
- Act on protection against fire (Official Gazette No. 58/93; 33/05; 92/10)
- Code on protection at work (Faculty of Maritime Studies)
- Code on protection against fire
- Code on the contents of general act on protection against fire
- Risk assessment of the Faculty of Maritime Studies in Split
- Collective agreement